UAMS.EDU

Photography of Giannavola Now Exhibiting at Arts of UAMS

Sam Giannavola
August–October, 2015

“I know it’s only rock and roll but I like it……”

……and I also like the blues, jazz and Sinatra.  For the last year or so I have been photographing local musicians in central Arkansas.   These talented, dedicated and creative people have allowed me into their world.  I hope you enjoy these photographs and please support this local talent that we are so lucky to have here……I thank them all.

These photographs were taken at Another Round Pub, Thirst ‘n Howl Bar and Grill, Markham Street Grill and Pub, The Rev Room, Stickyz Rock ‘n Roll Chicken Shack, Cajuns Wharf  and the Juke Joint Festival in Clarksdale, MS.

Sam Giannavola has worked at UAMS for many years and is with the Communications  and Marketing Department where he has held a variety of positions.  My work has been heavily influenced by Annie Leibovitz, Jerry Uelsmann, Muddy Waters, and Diane Arbus.

The Arts of UAMS

promotes the talents of UAMS employees, students and other members of the UAMS family for the benefit of campus life. Max Baker, Chairman, Library Exhibit Subcommittee. Contact Max Baker, BakerMaxL@att.net, or Nancy Sessoms 686-5465, nhsessoms@uams.edu for more information.