UAMS.EDU

Bingham Exhibits in Library’s Arts of UAMS

Marcia Roles Bingham will exhibit January – February, 2015 in the UAMS Library Gallery, EDII Building. The exhibit is free and open to the community.

Bingham’s artist statement reads:

Painting and creating are like breathing and eating to me—they are essential. I have drawn since my earliest memories. This sketching and drawing, almost every moment, morphed into pastel, watercolor, acrylic, glass and more. I see new paintings everywhere—in everyday circumstances and in the sublime and unusual. I especially focus on painting people I love and the human form, as they are the most fascinating and challenging of all. My inspiration initiates with COLOR. It is the beginning of every painting, my delight. Texture and dimension pique my interest, as well. I have become less interested in realism in recent years and paint more directly through my personal lens as I travel on my spiritual journey.

Contact Marcia at marciab106@gmail.com

The Arts of UAMS promotes the talents of UAMS employees, students and other members of the UAMS family for the benefit of campus life. For more about this and other exhibits organized by the UAMS Arts Council visit: http://arts.uams.edu/the-uams-arts-council/

Contact Max Baker, Chairman, Library Exhibit Subcommittee. Contact Max Baker, BakerMaxL@att.net, or Nancy Sessoms 686-5465, nhsessoms@uams.edu for more information.

Arts of UAMS Library Gallery Features Bingham January - February, 2015