UAMS.EDU

Shadowboxes by L. Woods in the Decorative Arts Gallery June-July

Lugene Woods
SHADOWBOXES
June – July, 2014

I’m a native Arkansan, born and raised in Ft. Smith.  In 1976 I graduated from UAMS with a degree in Medical Technology and have worked at UAMS in both the clinical laboratory and the College of Health Professions for most of my professional life.  Although my career has been in medical laboratory science, I am an art lover and have always felt like an artist at heart.

Several years ago I was given a lovely shadowbox as a gift.  Using that box as inspiration, I began making my own distinctive boxes.  My love of all things vintage (combined with a somewhat quirky, imaginative spirit) resulted in the creation of these unique shadowboxes using antique and recycled materials.  I thoughtfully select and arrange every item to best capture the theme of each one-of-a-kind work of art.

Enjoy!

Lugene Woods, M.Ed., MT(ASCP)
Assistant Professor
College of Health Professions
Department of Laboratory Sciences

If you’re interested in purchasing a shadowbox, contact Lugene at bowdenwood@yahoo.com for availability and pricing.

Its Raining 6x13 Time For A Touch Up A Charmed Life 2

The UAMS Arts Council

promotes the talents of UAMS employees, students and other members of the UAMS family for the benefit of campus life. Contact Nancy Sessoms 686-5465, nhsessoms@uams.edu for more information on exhibiting in this space.