UAMS.EDU

The Art of Michael Butner

The Art of Michael Butner

December, 2013 – February, 2014

2nd Floor Library Gallery

Again, thank you UAMS for the honor of premiering additional works from my original art collection in your beautiful gallery in the UAMS Library.  What an honor it is, this 3rd time around, to display more of my original art work that keeps me going as an 88 year old senior citizen.

In 2000, at the age of 75, I had a quadruple heart by-pass operation, and six months later a pacemaker was installed.  I am now going on thirteen wonderful years of extended life, thanks to my wonderful attentive doctors and other medical personnel, and Medicare.  Through it all, my art work kept me going and I was able to build a large original art collection, part of which is in the exhibit at the UAMS Library.  My art is an expression of thanks to all of the dedicated doctors, soon to be doctors, and other health professionals at UAMS.

Eighteen months ago, after my usual six month medical check-up, I was diagnosed with bladder cancer.  After surgery and follow-up treatment, I found out, during my checkup last month, that I am now cancer free.  What a miracle at my age and a wonderful Christmas present as well!  Only in the USA do we get prompt Medicare sponsored life-saving procedures for elderly senior citizens.  UAMS is in the forefront of producing the finest in health care for senior citizens.

UAMS has played a vital role in the lives of me and my family.  The Reynolds Institute on Aging and Stephens Spine Institute at UAMS have played major roles in improving our quality of life, and in making my three art exhibits at UAMS possible.

I am determined to find a “Home” that will make my art collection of over 100 pieces available for public viewing.  My hope is that this unique art collection will inspire other senior citizens and show that we are never too old to be productive and enjoy life to its fullest.

Please record your comments in my guest book by the exhibit, or you can send me an email at butner1725@yahoo.com.  I would very much like to hear from you.  Also, please visit my website at www.michaelbutner.net.