UAMS.EDU

Mike Butner Original Art

UAMS Library, Second Floor Gallery
June 1-July 31, 2011

Again, thank you UAMS for the honor of premiering additional works from my original art collection in your beautiful gallery in the UAMS Library.  What an honor it is, this 2nd time around,  to display more of my original art work that keeps me going as an 86 year old senior citizen.

In 2000, at the age of 75, I had a quadruple heart by-pass operation, and six months later a pacemaker was installed.  I am now going on eleven wonderful years of extended life, thanks to my wonderful attentive doctors and other medical personnel, and Medicare.  Through it all, my art work kept me going and I was able to build a large original art collection, part of which is in this exhibit at the UAMS Library.  My art is an expression of thanks to all of the dedicated doctors, soon to be doctors, and other health professionals at UAMS.

UAMS has played a vital role in the lives of me and my family.   The Reynolds Institute on Aging and Stephens Spine Institute at UAMS have played a major role in improving our quality of life, and played a major role in making my two art exhibits at UAMS possible.

I am determined to find a “Home” that will make my art collection of about 150 pieces available for public viewing.  My hope is that this unique art collection will inspire other senior citizens and show that we are never too old to be productive and enjoy life to its fullest.

Please record your comments in my guest book by the exhibit, or you can send me an email at butner1725@yahoo.com.  I would very much like to hear from you.  Also, please visit my website at www.michaelbutner.net.