April 2011Spring Fling
April 15, 2011 | UAMS employees and students shared a variety of talents during the “Spring Fling” performance April 15, 2011, part of the Friday Live @ UAMS series presented by The Arts of UAMS.
The program included:
- “Ashokan Farewell” performed by UAMS Chancellor Dan Rahn, M.D., on piano and Diane McVinney of the Jones Eye Institute on flute
- “Mary from Dungloe” performed by Rahn
- “Amazing Grace,” sung by Michael W. Webb of Occupational Health & Safety Department
- “Baby Likes to Rock It,” a dance performance by student dancers Joi Chen, Letha McGarity, Jeanine Schulze, Julie Kaylor and Ara Kim of the Graduate School; Zuki Belo of the College of Public Health; and Melissa Riggins of the College of Medicine
- “The Way I Tell Them,” a performance of humor and limericks by George Hankins Hull of Pastoral Care
- “Crazy Dreams,” sung by Emily S. Smith, a student in the College of Medicine
- “New Beginnings,” a work of original poetry by Carolyn Hines of the Neurology Clinic
- “Birth of the Blues” and “Route 66,” sung by Ginny Becton Williams in the College of Medicine Department of Neurology, with accompanist Marcus Murphy of Academic Services
Graduate School Dean Robert McGehee, Ph.D., served as master of ceremonies.
If you or someone you know at UAMS can sing, dance, improvise or entertain, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.